$gprolog given Segmentation fault: 11

Ognjen Savkovic
Hi,

I downloaded the latest gprolog (gprolog-1.4.4) for Mac OS X from your website.
After opening the terminal and typing gprolog I get the following error:

$ gprolog
        Segmentation fault: 11

OS on my machine is Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.
I tried to call gprolog also from /opt/local/ and /opt/local/bin but I get the same error.
The same error appears if I type $gprolog --version.

Do you know what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Ognjen

Re: $gprolog given Segmentation fault: 11

Ognjen Savkovic-2
I should be more precise.
I tried to install gprolog using package .pkg installation file.

Now I also tried to compile it from the source code. Compilation went OK.
However, when I try to run it via terminal

$gprolog
        Illegal instruction: 4

I got the error above.

I am more now thinking that this is due to the Mac OS g++ compiler, but not sure what exactly.

Cheers,
Ognjen

On 18Aug, 2013, at 2:16 PM, Ognjen Savkovic wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I downloaded the latest gprolog (gprolog-1.4.4) for Mac OS X from your website.
> After opening the terminal and typing gprolog I get the following error:
>
> $ gprolog
> Segmentation fault: 11
>
> OS on my machine is Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.
> I tried to call gprolog also from /opt/local/ and /opt/local/bin but I get the same error.
> The same error appears if I type $gprolog --version.
>
> Do you know what could be the problem?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ognjen

Re: $gprolog given Segmentation fault: 11

Paulo Moura-2

On 18/08/2013, at 15:36, Ognjen Savkovic <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I should be more precise.
> I tried to install gprolog using package .pkg installation file.

That .pkg is for Mountain Lion (10.8.x). That might explain the startup crash given that you are running Lion (10.7.x).

> Now I also tried to compile it from the source code. Compilation went OK.
> However, when I try to run it via terminal
>
> $gprolog
> Illegal instruction: 4
>
> I got the error above.
>
> I am more now thinking that this is due to the Mac OS g++ compiler, but not sure what exactly.

You can also install GNU Prolog from sources using MacPorts:

$ sudo port install gprolog

Cheers,

Paulo

> On 18Aug, 2013, at 2:16 PM, Ognjen Savkovic wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I downloaded the latest gprolog (gprolog-1.4.4) for Mac OS X from your website.
>> After opening the terminal and typing gprolog I get the following error:
>>
>> $ gprolog
>> Segmentation fault: 11
>>
>> OS on my machine is Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5.
>> I tried to call gprolog also from /opt/local/ and /opt/local/bin but I get the same error.
>> The same error appears if I type $gprolog --version.
>>
>> Do you know what could be the problem?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Ognjen

Paulo Moura