Porting to the Raspberry Pi

Pierre-François Bonnefoi
Hello,

I've tried to compile the GNU Prolog on a Raspberry Pi, but I'm ending with the following error :
configure: error: unsupported architecture

How much work is needed to port it to the Raspberry ?

I think that the Raspberry Pi would be a nice platform to discover and enjoy Prolog.

best regards,
Pierre-François Bonnefoi.
--
Bonnefoi Pierre-Francois                |    E-mail : [hidden email] http://libpfb.so/
Universite de Limoges, Laboratoire XLIM |       Tel : 06 28 18 03 38

Re: Porting to the Raspberry Pi

Daniel Diaz-3
Hello,

there is no port to Raspberry PI. If you want to do one you need to write a mapper for arm, look at the file src/PORTING. Don't hesitate to contact me if you need help (by mail to [hidden email])

Daniel

Le 24/02/2015 11:30, Pierre-François Bonnefoi a écrit :
Hello,

I've tried to compile the GNU Prolog on a Raspberry Pi, but I'm ending with the following error :
configure: error: unsupported architecture

How much work is needed to port it to the Raspberry ?

I think that the Raspberry Pi would be a nice platform to discover and enjoy Prolog.

best regards,
Pierre-François Bonnefoi.
--
Bonnefoi Pierre-Francois                |    E-mail : [hidden email] http://libpfb.so/
Universite de Limoges, Laboratoire XLIM |       Tel : 06 28 18 03 38
123 av Albert Thomas                    |  Mrs. Peel, we're needed...
87060 Limoges CEDEX - FRANCE            |                 The Avengers.

--
Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de suspect n'a été trouvé.

Ce message a été vérifié par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de suspect n'a été trouvé.

Re: Porting to the Raspberry Pi

vieuxnez
Hello,

I am interested in how gprolog works, and wanted to know if a mapper is a processing section that converts MA instructions to actual assembly instructions.  Would a mapper be simpler than a typical assembler?  Could the mapper be written in prolog?  I would be pleased if you could give me some clues as to what I might read up on to find out whether any efforts I might attempt would be fruitful or fruitless.

Dustin Kick
KC9MEL

Re: Porting to the Raspberry Pi

Daniel Diaz-3
Sorry for the late reply,

There is a file PORTING which gives some information on how to add a new architecture. Basically you have to look at files in src/Ma2Asm which contains mapper MA->ASM for various architectures. The mappers are written in C (you can use another mapper as basis).

Don’t hesitate to write me directly if you need more help.

Daniel