Error on OS X Mavericks

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Error on OS X Mavericks

Luca Ciciriello
Trying to compile a .pl file on Mavericks I got this error:

"error trying to execute /opt/local/bingcc-apple-4.2: No such file or directory."

I’ve Xcode 5.x installed and I know that gcc is no longer available in OS X.

Any idea?

Luca.

------------------------------------------------------
All problems in computer science can be solved by another level of indirection, except for the problem of too many layers of indirection.

– David J. Wheeler


_______________________________________________
Users-prolog mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/users-prolog
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error on OS X Mavericks

Paulo Moura-2

On 18/11/2013, at 11:52, Luca Ciciriello <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Trying to compile a .pl file on Mavericks I got this error:
>
> "error trying to execute /opt/local/bingcc-apple-4.2: No such file or directory."

Why is the slash between "bin" and "gcc-apple-4.2" missing? Odd.

> I’ve Xcode 5.x installed and I know that gcc is no longer available in OS X.
>
> Any idea?

Not sure about why you're getting the error above but you can install that gcc version using MacPorts by typing:

$ sudo port install apple-gcc42

Cheers,

Paulo

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Paulo Moura
Logtalk developer

Email: <mailto:[hidden email]>
Web:   <http://logtalk.org/>
-----------------------------------------------------------------





_______________________________________________
Users-prolog mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/users-prolog
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Error on OS X Mavericks

Luca Ciciriello
Ops, sorry the missing slash is a my mistake…

Luca.

------------------------------------------------------
All problems in computer science can be solved by another level of indirection, except for the problem of too many layers of indirection.

– David J. Wheeler

On 18 Nov 2013, at 12:57, Paulo Moura <[hidden email]> wrote:


On 18/11/2013, at 11:52, Luca Ciciriello <[hidden email]> wrote:

Trying to compile a .pl file on Mavericks I got this error:

"error trying to execute /opt/local/bingcc-apple-4.2: No such file or directory."

Why is the slash between "bin" and "gcc-apple-4.2" missing? Odd.

I’ve Xcode 5.x installed and I know that gcc is no longer available in OS X.

Any idea?

Not sure about why you're getting the error above but you can install that gcc version using MacPorts by typing:

$ sudo port install apple-gcc42

Cheers,

Paulo

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Paulo Moura
Logtalk developer

Email: <[hidden email]>
Web:   <http://logtalk.org/>
-----------------------------------------------------------------





_______________________________________________
Users-prolog mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/users-prolog



_______________________________________________
Users-prolog mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/users-prolog