Core memory leak somewhere, even loading empty source file.
A long time ago I wrote an SDL2 binding but stopped using it because of memory leaks causing the UI to crash and burn after about 20 minutes of continuous use. A real shame, I loved writing the UI in prolog!
Today I have come back to it... cutting to the chase, I first thought that I would rule out gprolog... I created an empty file called 'empty.pl' that is literally, empty, zero bytes.
-rw-r--r-- 1 seancharles staff 0 11 Mar 10:33 empty.pl
Then I started a new gprolog session, NOT the one produced by my build process with the SDL2 bindings, then, using "leaks" on El Capitan...
I don't yet know where this is happening or how I can track it down.. valgrind won't install on my version of OSX but it would be nice to pin it down and fix it up!
I am going to download and build this under Ubuntu, see if it does the same, and if so, try to find the leak using DDD and valgrind if I can... unless somebody beats me too it which I would love to be the case because then I can focus on my own code which leaks somewhere I am sure in the shady twilight world between C and Prolog.